The Senior Windows Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise. This role requires in-depth knowledge of Active Directory that includes extensive AD design, migration, and administrative experience in a multi-site, multi-national enterprise including Multiple Domain Forests, Sites, Roles, Group Policy, Schema, Replication, Security and related technologies including but not limited to Windows 2012 R2, PowerShell, Dell Active Roles (ARS), DNS, PKI and Certificate Authorities, Windows Clustering and HA, VMware ESXi, and NAS Storage devices. The role provides top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives, project and service requests.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead the redesign, implementation and support of a highly available AD infrastructure platform
* Manage Active Directory infrastructure for the Enterprise
* Provide capacity planning and performance monitoring for enterprise systems
* Responsible for daily technical operations and service request resolution
* Identify and mitigate issues that impede application service delivery
* Research improvements or shortfalls of existing applications and make suggestions
* Gather or relate technical requirements to/from non-technical people
* Be able to support and assist technical and non-technical customers
* Accountable for success of projects and duties assigned
* Investigate and report on new technologies and systems as requested
* Develop strategies to implement systems into the company’s Infrastructure
* Document all designs, systems and procedures
* Serve as escalation point for complex support issues
* Design, propose and build reliable business systems.
* Perform monitoring and preventative maintenance on application servers
* Troubleshooting advanced multi-application process issues
* Keep informed of company and departmental policies
* Other duties as assigned
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or 10+ years’ experience in a global IT infrastructure environment
* MCSE Certification
* PowerShell scripting experience
* Strong grasp of network design and security
* Experience with Virtualized Environments including ESXi
* Experience with SANs or NAS Storage devices
* Experience with ITIL or ITSM processes
* High degree of professionalism
* Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees/management
* Ability to stay focused to ensure that projects are completed accurately and on time
* Demonstrated excellent organizational skills
* Ability to prioritize and complete multiple interdepartmental tasks in a timely fashion.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to sit for long periods of time
* Ability to type for long periods of time
* This position is full time. Employee is expected to work 40 hours weekly
* Employee will be part of a 24/7 on-call roster
* Schedule will be determined by the supervisor. Employee is expected to follow the schedule
* Employee is to report to his or her supervisor if unable to attend work
POSITION SUCCESS CRITERIA:
* Facilitate in the design, deployment, and ongoing success of the corporate Active Directory Infrastructure.
* Ensure Production environment platforms remain available at 98% uptime efficiency
* Ensure that production support issues are initially responded to in 15 minutes or less or are escalated to management.
* Develop your skills and knowledge as an engineer and continue to improve your abilities
* Broaden your knowledge of the technologies that we use, read up on new technologies, develop the ability to suggest technologies and keep abreast of what is happening in the industry.
* Develop and maintain a good working relationship with other teams and business units.
* Report status and concerns to management while at the same time proposing potential solutions to address these concerns.
* Provide ideas and solutions for long-term platform improvements and research work.