The Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is a primarily project focused technical role. Cloud Infrastructure Engineer’s work with a team responsible for the virtual systems and infrastructure as they relate to all Phoenix NAP products. The proper candidate should have extensive experience building, supporting, and maintaining VMware environments. As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you would work closely with architecture and engineers from across the company to ensure that the infrastructure needs of all cloud oriented business units are met. Having a high technical aptitude, the ability to learn new products quickly, and experience working in a fast-passed environment are all important skills to this position. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working at a service provider. Success in this position will be measured by the individual’s ability to champion technical projects, complete assigned work, deliver solutions, and support our customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performing the installation, configuration and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager and NSX.
* Configures and implements a suite of VMware virtualization technologies and concepts
* VMware Subject Matter Expert capable to articulate expertly solutions through written or verbal methods.
* Be able to trouble shoot complex problems quickly and effectively.
* Plan, design, implementation and maintain compute, storage and network infrastructure to support multiple sites across the globe.
* Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
* Analyzing and troubleshooting VMware vSphere physical hardware and virtual machine performance
* Prioritize work from multiple projects simultaneously. Work closely with project managers and engineers from other teams/departments to complete work on time and on schedule.
* Provides design and architectural input to help fill business needs or meet technical requirements.
* Research improvements or changes to existing infrastructure.
* This position will have on-call responsibilities.
* Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 5+ years’ in-depth experience supporting and maintaining VMware infrastructure.
* 2+ years’ experience building, configuring, and maintaining new VMware cloud environments.
* Experience with iSCSI and/or NFS SAN storage. (Nimble/Nexenta/ZFS preferred)
* 5+ years’ experience administering Windows and Linux operating systems.
* Good understanding of networking including basic routing, NAT, Firewalls, VLANS, VXLAN, VPNs (IPSec, SSL VPN, L2VPN) NATing, firewalls, fundamental network services such as NTP, DNS, DHCP
* Experience working with VMware NSX (software-defined networking)
* Experience working in/with Microsoft Active Directory
* Experience with Veeam Backup and Recovery (or similar)
* Ability to work technical issues to completion including working cases with venders and/or communicating with clients.