We are looking for a Copy Editor who will be responsible for reviewing and editing text from multiple teams and assisting them with their efforts to ensure error-free and well-written documents are published and released. The Editor needs to be capable of working on many different types of text, including technical articles, website copy, emails, blogs, marketing content, white papers, and more.
Documentation must be reviewed and edited to conform to standard American English usage and the Microsoft Style Guide (or equivalent).
While the Editor will be working with the Content (technical publications and blogs), Marketing, and Product (business) teams to edit their documents across multiple brands and product lines
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Proof and edit text to ensure correct grammar and usage.
• Revise documents to match the Microsoft Style Guide and/or an internal brand style guide.
• Ensure the correct tone, voice, clarity, flow, and structure of the text.
• Review text for factual accuracy as needed.
• Communicate edits and general feedback to writers and content team leads.
• Work with authors to revise and update their documents as necessary.
• Work with the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Team to revise articles to ensure they are both grammatically correct and optimized for search engines.
• Work with the Content, Marketing, Web Development, Training, and UI Architecture teams to ensure consistent wording and terminology are used across all documents.
• Work to deadlines on many simultaneous projects to ensure other teams can release or use their work product when needed to meet company business goals, timelines, and production goals
• Native or near-native written and spoken English is absolutely required.
• Well-developed editing skills and ability to apply them to American English.
• Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Style Guide or an equivalent.
• Able to manage many projects and documents at once.
• Capable of working with teams performing different tasks.
• Adept at meeting deadlines.
• Familiarity with technical writing, website design, and/or marketing a plus
• Proven ability to research a plus.
• Experience working with content management systems and document version control.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Writing, or related area.
• SEO knowledge a plus.
• Basic HTML and CSS knowledge a plus.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to track and prioritize workloads.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and a cover letter in English!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com