The Software QA Engineer will be responsible for the testing of product lines and reporting defects. The applicant should have a technical background and be familiar with the typical software development lifecycle and object-oriented programming concepts. A qualified candidate will develop and execute test cases, report defects, and work closely with development to ensure production readiness for company software. QA Engineers are considered to be Technical experts knowledgeable of the application’s business logic and use technical skills to achieve high quality in the deliverables.
Working schedule: Full remote at the moment, and hybrid model (2 days from home and 3 days from the office) once we return to the offices.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Perform multiple types of black-box, grey-box, and white box testing including functional, system, end to end, smoke, regression, and ad-hoc testing.
- Submit comprehensive defects using our bug tracking system.
- Regress and verify defects as needed.
- Ability to review a defect and triage it to the correct department/team member.
- Record results and provides metrics.
- Analyze requirements and write test cases.
- Design test plans from business requirements and specifications.
- Provide work estimates.
- Ability to escalate issues when need be.
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Perform some basic scripting.
- Mentor less experienced employees.
- Act as QA champion on assigned projects.
- Work as the primary QA representative on Scrum teams.
- BSCS or related degree or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum 4+ years’ overall Quality Assurance experience with an engineering focus.
- Practical working knowledge of software testing methodology and Quality Assurance fundamentals. (Both Waterfall & Agile development methodologies).
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing.
- Exposure to testing automation tools – JUnit or Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver) required (both preferred); JMeter and Eclipse.
- Understanding of programming concepts and best practices.
- Experience using Linux/Unix/Windows OS.
- Experience with shell scripting languages.
- Advanced MySQL experience.
- Experience with testing web applications.
- Expert at troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high levels of stress.
- Ability to stay focused on the task at hand, ensuring that timelines are met and operations are not adversely impacted.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience using an IDE, such as Eclipse or Visual Studio.
- Apache and/or Tomcat experience.
- Database design.
- Perl scripting.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer to the right candidate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com